- Accuracy in Media - Conservative watchdog of the news media, biased toward liberal politics.
- American Journalism Review (AJR) - Magazine covering all aspects of print, television, radio and online media. AJR analyzes ethical dilemmas in the field and monitors the impact of technology on how journalism is practiced and on the final product.
- Center for Media and Democracy - Investigates and exposes public relations spin and propaganda, and promotes media literacy and citizen journalism.
- Columbia Journalism Review - Respectable magazine offering a mix of reporting, analysis, criticism, and commentary, aimed at the improvement of journalism.
- Common Sense Media - Organization dedicated to helping families make the best media choices for their kids.
- FAIR (Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting) - Liberal media-watch group publishing Extra! magazine of well-documented media criticism and producing weekly radio show CounterSpin.
- iMediaEthics - Published by a not-for-profit organization Art Science Research Laboratory. Main goal is to observe all aspects of media ethics.
- Institute for Public Accuracy - Seeks to broaden public discourse by gaining media access for those whose perspectives are commonly drowned out by corporate-backed think tanks.
- Media Alliance - One of the leading organizations in the US working for media justice and press freedom.
- Media Education Foundation - Produces video documentaries, study guides and articles about the relationship between media ownership, commercial media content, and the democratic demand for free flows of information.
- Media Research Center - Conservative media watchdog group.
- On the Media - National Public Radio program devoted to media criticism and analysis.
- Stats - Monitors the media to expose the abuse of science and statistics before people are misled and public policy is distorted.